MPP1821 - Foundations for Christian Educational Ministries
A survey of the theological and theoretical foundations of Christian educational ministries aimed at assisting the student to formulate a personal philosophy of Christian Education.
The following learning objectives will be achieved by this course:
- To aid the student in gaining a basic understanding of primary principles that form the foundation of effective Christian education in a local church.
- To assist the student to interpret these primary principles into a personal philosophy of Christian education.
- To help the student develop the skills necessary for applying these primary principles in the development and ongoing operation of a local church Christian educational ministry.
The following competencies as outlined in the (SOURCEBOOK) to meet the educational requirements for Ordination within the Church of the Nazarene will be achieved by completing this course:
- Ability to describe and apply knowledge of human development in leading people to Christian maturity.(CP9)
- Ability to prepare and lead discipleship ministries that are biblically sound, age-appropriate, intergenerational, and culturally sensitive.(CP15)
- Ability to assess contemporary approaches to ministry in light of enduring theological and contextual perspectives.(CP16)