NBC Covenant Partner Scholarship Initiative
NBC is pleased to offer up to half-tuition scholarships for our English degree and certificate programs and full-tuition scholarships for our Spanish degree and certificate programs to students who come from covenant partner churches AND districts. This will be a life changing blessing to many of our students and the churches they serve.
Covenant Partners districts make a good faith commitment for the NBC Annual Offering of 1/10 of 1% of the combined church income of all the churches on the district. For example, a district whose combined church income is $10,000,000 will set a district NBC Annual Offering goal of $10,000. This is not an amount pledged in addition to local church giving; it is the sum total of the local church annual offering giving. For further details, see the District Covenant Partner Proposal below.
Covenant Partner churches contribute 1/10 of 1% of their annual church income to the NBC Annual Offering. For example, a church that raises $100,000 will give at least $100. This giving counts toward the district composite goal.
Beginning in the 2023 Fall term (August 1) every NBC student who is a member of a covenant partner church AND district will be eligible to receive the covenant partner scholarship. See the District Covenant Partner proposal below for details on student eligibility.
Covenant Partner District Proposal
NBC agrees to:
- Provide scholarship equivalent up to half-tuition scholarships for our English degree and certificate programs and full-tuition scholarships for our Spanish degree and certificate programs to students who are members of a Covenant Partner church.
- Provide updates to the district office at least bi-annually regarding giving from each church.
- Provide at least bi-monthly NBC Annual Offering promotions to each church via email.
- Provide at least one hard copy mailing to each church promoting participation in the Annual Offering.
- Provide a complete array of Annual Offering resources for download at our website.
- Provide a personalized video from our president to any church who requests it.
- Provide printed promotional materials to any church who requests them.
- Call each church personally to ask for their Annual Offering participation at the 1/10 of 1% level.
- Invite each church who gives in the annual offering to increase their commitment and become a Presidential Partner church ($1,000/year). This will move your district closer to its Annual Offering goal and provide some margin for churches who may not participate.
The Covenant Partner District agrees to:
- Set their district's NBC Annual Offering goal at 1/10 of 1% of total church income (of all churches).
- Promote the Annual Offering to churches stressing the benefit to the district's NBC students.
- Work with NBC to recruit Presidential Partner churches (whose $1,000/year giving will count toward the district goal).
- Be prepared to supplement church giving as necessary from individual donors or district funds in order to meet the district's Annual Offering goal.
A qualifying student is eligible for the covenant partner scholarship if he or she is:
- Enrolled in a degree program or MPP/PPM certificate coursework,
- A member of a local church and district who have both formally entered a covenant partnership with NBC.
This scholarship opportunity:
- Is for tuition only (excludes fees and books).
- Will not exceed 50% of the actual billed cost of tuition (100% for Spanish programs) when combined with other institutional aid (scholarships/grants).
- Will not exceed the actual billed cost of tuition for the term when combined with federal grants and/or outside grants/gift aid. Institutional scholarships will be reduced to resolve any excess aid. Federal student loans are not included when determining excess aid.
- Is awarded after the partnership is confirmed for any subsequent terms in the current academic year. It is not retroactive to prior terms or applicable to the current term of enrollment.
- Will be reviewed on an annual (academic year) basis for both student eligibility and available funding.